Texas (Mid-TX Division only) Conservation and Energy Efficiency Program
Low-Income Weatherization Assistance
Atmos Energy is offering home weatherization assistance to qualified customers in the
Mid-TX Division (excluding customers in the City of Dallas) to help reduce energy consumption and lower energy utility bills.
This program is implemented through participating energy assistance agencies and provides up to
$1,500 in free energy savings materials and services (depending on location and availability) such as:
- Gas Piping - Inside Home Repair (Limit: $500)
- Customer Owned Gas Yard Line Repair (Limit: $500)
- Gas Water Heater Replacement
- Gas Heater Replacement
- Insulation - Attic
- Insulation - Wall
- Gas Water Heater Blanket
- Duct Sealing
- Caulking, Weatherstripping, Duct Sealing, Wall Outlet Covers, Aerators
Current Atmos Energy customers in North and Central Texas (excluding customers in the City of Dallas) who meet the following criteria are eligible to participate.
- Low Income - Low-income customers can request assistance thru all agencies that distribute funds for the Atmos Energy "Share the Warmth" Program. These agencies will qualify customers to ensure they are eligible to receive assistance.
Agencies that allocate assistance funds denote a customer as "Low Income", a status that lasts for one year.
- Senior Citizen - The primary account holder can request eligibility through all agencies that distribute funds for the Atmos Energy "Sharing the Warmth" Program.
These agencies will qualify senior citizens primarily using their Social Security number, which is verified through the Social Security Administration.
Any Atmos Energy customer that is or turns 65 years old in that year and meets income guidelines that qualifies as a low-income household for state or federal assistance programs is eligible.
To find out if you qualify or for more information, call Atmos Energy at 1-888-286-6700 or sign up at your
local energy assistance agency.